Cask was founded in 2004 by a group of professionals who saw the need to help clients use and unlock the value of technology in more efficient, cost-effective ways. Today, Cask is a leading Management Consulting firm specializing in providing business and technical expertise to clients across industries. We take pride in providing innovative solutions to common challenges.
Take your career to the next level at Cask NX. Come be a part of the transformation and innovation! We have been named a top 10 firm to work for by Consulting Magazine for 6 of the past 7 years.
Description: The Principal Solution Consultant role is primarily a pre-sales consultant with broad technical and process knowledge across a wide portfolio of services and products. The best candidate for this role is an IT generalist with 10+ years of experience in enterprise IT, who has worked across multiple disciplines and has a strong ability to learn new things.
We’re looking for someone who enjoys helping people craft solutions to complex problems and can draw on their broad, general experience from a multi-faceted career in enterprise IT.
Duties: Provide pre-sales support including scoping, pricing, and proposal content support across the following disciplines:
- Security Operations
- IT Governance, Risk, & Compliance
- IT Service Management
- IT Operations
- Project Portfolio Management
- IT Financial Management
- Customer Service Management
- Human Resources Information Systems
- ServiceNow Solutions
- Discover underlying customer requirements and objectives to effectively demonstrate ServiceNow technology solutions in their context and establish the scope for implementation engagements.
- Works with team members to aid in determining future product lines by working with Sales & Marketing to review product specifications and requirements; appraising new product ideas and/or product changes.
- Help to transition projects to the service delivery organization and aid in the creation of enablement materials to allow them to effectively deliver new products and services.
- Become the long-term technical partner of key customer accounts following the transition of projects to delivery – the trusted adviser for technical staff.
- Provide general guidance and support to Solution Architects within the delivery organization for your customers and projects that have transitioned to delivery.
- Provides information for management by preparing short-term and long-term product sales forecasts and special reports and analyses; answering questions and requests.
- Supports bringing new products to market by helping evaluate proposed product requirements; reviewing other’s return-on-investment analyses; supporting enablement activities with sales, marketing, and services delivery.
- Supports the marketing by participating in marketing events as a representative of the company and review.
- Writes and presents regularly in the form of blogs, white papers, and webinars to help promote those offerings they are most knowledgeable about.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- This role requires a broad technical acumen in multiple areas. It is not expected that the role is an expert in everything but have a working knowledge across multiple areas and a willingness to learn on the job in order to speak the customer’s language.
- Current ServiceNow Platform Owner in an enterprise, has been a major stakeholder in platform strategy, or has implemented the ServiceNow platform in one or more organizations
- BS or BA Required, Masters a plus, preferably Information Systems or Business related
- Appropriate industry certifications for a senior level person of their background
- Ability to form the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO), Chief Information Officer (CIO) or Chief Human Resources (CHRO) level relationships
- Ability to listen and understand the customer – customer empathy
- Requirements Analysis, Business Planning, Competitive Analysis, Sales Support, Pricing and Business Strategy skills
- Team player with the ability to work well across organizational boundaries
- Real world experience in delivering solutions in their area of expertise
Benefits: Cask’s success is based upon our most valuable asset – the people. Cask offers a complete benefits package designed with our employees’ needs in mind. We strive to take an “employee first” approach. For more information about Cask’s benefits, please visit https://www.casknx.com/careers/.
We value diversity at our company. Cask is an equal opportunity employer. Everyone who applies with the qualifications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
Our team is a rare blend of experienced business consultants and artisan engineers. This unique combination enables our customers to embrace organizational change, adopt transformational technology solutions and operate their business generating optimal results.